I am a Senior Scientist at Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence. Previously, I was a Research Scientist in the Computer Vision Research Group (CVRG) at Data61, CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization). I am also an Adjunct Lecturer at College of Electrical & Computer Science (CECS), Australian National University (ANU).
I completed my PhD in Computer Vision from The University of Western Australia (UWA), under the supervision of W/Prof. Mohammed Bennamoun. My PhD thesis received `Honorable Mention on the Dean’s List’ award at the UWA. I also completed an internship at NICTA (National ICT Australia) in 2015 and served as an research affiliate with Australian Center for Robotic Vision (ACRV) during 2016-18.
- Paper accepted in IJCV. Congratulations to Sameera! [Dec’19]
- Our work on fine-grained recognition and zero-shot detection is accepted in AAAI’20, New York. [Nov’19]
- Two papers accepted in NeurIPS’19, Vancouver. Congratulations to Jathushan and Muzammal! [Sep’19]
- A Large-scale Instance Segmentation Dataset for Aerial Images (iSAID) is available for download. [Aug’19]
- Four papers accepted in upcoming ICCV’19 (including 1 oral). Congratulations to Aamir, Shafin and Sudong! [Jul’19]
- Selected for the ‘Outstanding Reviewer Award’ at CVPR’19 [May’19]
- We have claimed 2nd position in CVPR-NTIRE 2019 Image Enhancement Challenge [Apr’19]
- Two papers (1 oral, 1 poster) accepted in CVPR’19! [Feb’19]
- Paper on Spectral Dropout accpeted in Neural Networks [Sep’18]
- Our paper on ZSL accepted in IEEE TIP [Jul’18]
- One paper accepted each in BMVC and WACV 2018. [Jul’18]
- Our work on “Zero-shot detection” is now available: Project Page [Apr’18]
- Our book titled “A Guide to CNNs for Computer Vision” has been published [Feb’18]