I am an Associate Professor at MBZUAI. Previously, I was a Senior Scientist at Inception Institute of Artificial Intelligence during 2018-2020 and a Research Scientist in the Computer Vision Research Group (CVRG) at Data61, CSIRO (Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) from 2016-18. I am also an adjunct faculty member at College of Electrical & Computer Science (CECS), Australian National University (ANU) since 2016. I was research visitor at NICTA (National ICT Australia) in 2015 and served as a research affiliate with Australian Center for Robotic Vision (ACRV) during 2016-18.
I have been actively working on learning from limited data (zero and few-shot learning), adversarial robustness of deep neural networks and continual life-long learning systems for computer vision problems. The above-mentioned tasks can help us realize intelligent autonomous systems that can better understand the real-world for improved recognition, detection, segmentation and detailed scene comprehension.
I am looking for exceptional candidates for two tracks: a) Research engineers, and b) Research interns at MBZUAI. Research engineers must demonstrate strong development skills via past projects (background in GIS and remote sensing is a plus). Research interns must have good grades in their BS/MS programs (top 10% of their class) and should have relevant background in computer vision/machine learning (demonstrated through relevant coursework and past projects). Prior publication record in CVPR/ECCV/ICCV/NeurIPS/ICLR/ICML is a big plus. Please drop me an email with your CV and link to Github profile.
- Acting as an Area Chair for CVPR’23, ICML’23 and NeurIPS’23.
- Nine papers accepted to CVPR’23! Congratulations to all students and collaborators.
- Co-organizing workshops on “Vision Transformer: Theory and Applications” at ACCV’22 (5th Dec’22) and NeurIPS’22 (9th Dec’22).
- Two papers accepted to NeurIPS’22! Congratulations to all students and collaborators.
- Acting as an Area Chair for NeurIPS’22 and ACML’22.
- Five papers accepted to ECCV 2022! [Jul’22]
- Six papers accepted to CVPR 2022 (including 3 Orals)! Congratulations to all the students and collaborators. [Mar’22]
- Our paper on improving adversarial transferability of ViTs accepted in ICLR’22 as a spotlight (rate 5%). Congratulations Muzammal and Kanchana!
- Glad to share that my Ph.D. student, Dr. Shafin Rahman has been awarded the J.G. Crawford Prize for the best thesis at ANU (Science Category). Congratulations Shafin!
- Organizing TPAMI Special Issue on “Transformers in Vision” (Deadline: 15 Dec 2021)
- I will be serving as an Area Chair for CVPR’22.
- Our paper on Incremental Object Detection accepted in TPAMI. [Oct’21]
- Two papers accepted to upcoming NeurIPS’21. Congratulations to Sameera, Muzammal and Kanchana! [Oct’21]
- Four papers accepted to upcoming ICCV’21. Congratulations to Kanchana, Muzammal, Akshita, Sanath and Ankan! [Jul’21]
- CVPR2021 Outstanding Reviewer! [May’21]
- Three papers (including one Oral) are accepted to CVPR’21. Congratulations to Waqas, Joseph and Rizve! [Mar’21]
- Our paper on Conditional Generative Modelling accepted to ICLR’21 [Jan’21]